Structure Fire Occurs In Lesterville

Structure Fire Occurs In Lesterville

A structure fire occurred in Lesterville early Friday morning.

According to Yankton County Chief Deputy Michael Rothschadl, the Yankton County Sheriff’s Office and the Lesterville Fire Department responded to 504 First Street in Lesterville for a garage and a camper that was on fire. The garage and the camper are a total loss.

Rothschadl says that during the fire, at least two dozen loud bangs were heard. There was a propane tank inside the camper and some turpentine was also located at the fire scene.

The South Dakota Fire Marshall ruled that the fire appeared to be an accident. It appears as though burning tires in a wood stove in the garage resulted in the whole structure and camper catching fire. 

No injuries were reported in the fire.