An improperly extinguished cigarette caused a small fire in Yankton Wednesday.
Yankton Assistant Fire Chief Larry Nickels says that the fire department was dispatched to a report of a railing on fire shortly before 12 noon Wednesday at the First Nation Bank of Omaha, located at the corner of fourth and Broadway.
The bank was evacuated for a short time as crews extinguished the fire.
Nickels says the fire was contained to a smoking area on the outside of the second floor of the bank.
Assisting the Yankton Fire Department was the Yankton Police Department.