Small Fire Occurs At Yankton Bank

Small Fire Occurs At Yankton Bank

An improperly extinguished cigarette caused a small fire in Yankton Wednesday.

Yankton Assistant Fire Chief Larry Nickels says that the fire department was dispatched to a report of a railing on fire shortly before 12 noon Wednesday at the First Nation Bank of Omaha, located at the corner of fourth and Broadway.

The bank was evacuated for a short time as crews extinguished the fire.

Nickels says the fire was contained to a smoking area on the outside of the second floor of the bank.

Assisting the Yankton Fire Department was the Yankton Police Department.