A Yankton home is a complete loss after a fire Tuesday evening.
According to Yankton Deputy Fire Chief Larry Nickles, firefighters were called to a report of a structure fire in the 500 block of East 13th shortly after 5pm Tuesday.
Nickles says that the occupant of the home was grilling, went inside, and then came back out to find the fire. Initial Firefighters on scene found heavy fire to the rear of the home and extension into the attic, with a propane tank from the grill feeding the fire.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a leaking fitting between the propane tank and grill that ignited, which then started the home on fire.
Nickles says the fire displaced four individuals. The local Red Cross is working the individuals on temporary housing.