Yankton Fatal Fire Update

Yankton Fatal Fire Update

More details were gathered last night on the fatal house fire in Yankton early Wednesday morning in the 1500 block of Summit Street.

Yankton Deputy Fire Chief Larry Nickles says the 40-year-old man who died in the fire was not actually at home when the blaze started.

Nickles says the fire was declared as Accidental, and it originated in the kitchen area where a candle was left burning after midnight.

Nickles says it’s tough on firefighters when there is a victim, and every situation is different depending on the magnitude of the call.

The house was deemed to be a total loss, and the names of those involved have not been officially released at this time.