The Yankton Gazelles softball team will host Rapid City Stevens this evening in a SoDak 16 matchup, with the winner advancing to next week’s state tournament.
The Gazelles ended the regular season as the 8th overall seed with an 11 and 7 record, securing the final home game in the SoDak 16. Across the diamond tonight, Rapid City Stevens ended the year with a 9 and 7 record as the 9th overall seed.
First pitch from Sertoma Park is set for 5:00 PM this evening, with pregame on KYNT and KYNTV beginning at 4:30. Brayden Butler will be on the call.
SoDak 16 games across Classes AA, A, and B will all take place today. Winners of each SoDak 16 game earn a spot in the state tournament. Here is a full list of today’s matchups:
In Class AA:
- #1 Sioux Falls Lincoln hosts # 16 Aberdeen Central
- #2 Harrisburg hosts #15 Sioux Falls Roosevelt
- #3 Brookings hosts #14 Sturgis
- #4 Sioux Falls Jefferson hosts #13 Rapid City Central
- #5 Sioux Falls Washington hosts #12 Mitchell
- #6 O’Gorman hosts #11 Pierre
- #7 Brandon Valley hosts #10 Watertown
- #8 Yankton hosts #9 Rapid City Stevens
In Class A:
- #1 West Central hosts #16 Canton
- #2 Dell Rapids hosts #15 Millbank
- #3 Dakota Valley hosts #14 Sioux Falls Christian
- #4 Madison hosts #13 Mobridge-Pollock
- #5 Tea Area hosts #12 Flandreau
- #6 Winner Area hosts #11 Lennox
- #7 Vermillion hosts #10 Beresford
- #8 Wagner hosts #9 Elk Point-Jefferson
In Class B:
- #1 Alcester-Hudson, #2 Arlington, and #3 Castlewood have earned automatic state tournament bids
- #4 Bon Homme hosts #13 Avon
- #5 Gayville-Volin hosts #12 Oldham-Ramona-Rutland
- #6 Deuel hosts #11 Scotland-Menno
- #7 Colman-Egan hosts #10 Hanson
- #8 Freeman-Marion-Freeman Academy hosts #9 Viborg-Hurley
Yankton Gazelles Golf Will compete in the ESD Conference tournament in Watertown this morning. Tee time is set for 10:00 AM, with the event being held at the Watertown Municipal Cattail Golf Course.
The NAIA Outdoor Track and Field Championships officially begin tomorrow, and the Mount Marty Lancers are sending seven individual runners, two multi-event athletes, a pole vaulter, and three relay teams to the competition.
Representing the Lancers will be:
- Donovan Breckenridge in the men’s 200 and 400 meter dashes
- Nathan Simons in the men’s 400 meter dash
- Calli Davis in the women’s 400 meter dash
- Jonathan Fuselier in the men’s 110 meter hurdles
- Ashinee George in the women’s 100 meter high hurdles
- Marcus Jnofinn in the men’s 100 meter dash
- Mason Schleis and Seth Wiebelhaus in the men’s decathlon
- Gracie Rippen in the women’s pole vault
- The women’s 4 by 100 meter relay team of Elianna Clark, Calli Davis, Alexis Even, and Zelie Sorensen.
- The men’s 4 by 100 meter relay team of Donovan Breckenridge, Jonathan Fuselier, Marcus Jnofinn, and Deontae Howard.
- The women’s 4 by 400 meter relay team of Tianna Bumbaca-Kuehl, Elianna Clark, Calli Davis, and Abrielle Nelson
All Events will take place in Marion, Indiana, beginning at 9:00 AM tomorrow morning.
The Nebraska High School Boys Golf State Tournament begins today, Hartington-Newcastle qualified for the event as a team, while other area golfers qualified individually.
Hartington-Newcastle earned their spot by finishing third in Class D-2. The Wildcats will send seniors Turner Dendinger, Bailey Paden and Mason Buschkamp, as well as juniors Dayton and Riley Sudbeck to the competition. Individually, Wausa senior Jaxon Claussen qualified as the District D-2 champion, while Bloomfield junior Mason Mackeprang also earned a spot in the event with a 9th place district finish.
The Class D tournament will be held at Lake Maloney Golf Club in North Platte, beginning at 9:00 AM this morning.