The Yankton Bucks and Gazelles basketball teams were in action last night as they both fell to the Sioux Falls Washington Warriors.
The Gazelles lost at home to the #1 ranked Warriors 54-30, Claire Tereshinski and Camryn Koletsky led Yankton in scoring with 7 apiece.
The Bucks suffered a 46-41 road defeat at the hands of SF Washington, Michael Mors had a team high 12-points in the game
Next up for both teams is a home double header against Spearfish Friday night. The Gazelles will play first at 6:00 PM with the Bucks to follow, coverage for both games will be provided by KYNT and KYNTV beginning at 5:30. Bryce Ladwig will be on the call.
The South Dakota High School State Wrestling Tournament begins tomorrow morning in Rapid City, and seven Yankton wrestlers will compete over the course of the event.
Naveah Leonard and Jaclyn Kyte will represent the Gazelles, while the Bucks will be represented by Edly Amaro, Shayce Platt, Damian Janish, Peyton Eustace, and Dylan Sloan.
Tomorrow is day one of the three day event.
The South Dakota Coyotes men’s and women’s basketball teams return to the hardwood tomorrow night against the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles.
The women will play in Tulsa, Oklahoma while the men will meet inside the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. Both games are scheduled to begin at 7:00 PM.
The South Dakota State Jackrabbits men’s and women’s basketball teams will take the court tomorrow night for their penultimate games of the regular season against the Kansas City Roos.
The women will battle in Kansas City, while the men will square off inside Frost Arena. Both games are scheduled to tip off at 7:00 PM.
Due to inclement weather, the Yankton Quarterback Club will not meet today at JoDeans in Yankton.
The final meeting of the 2022-23 season is currently scheduled for next Wednesday, March 1st, at JoDean’s at noon. Speakers will be the head coaches for Mount Marty softball, baseball and archery.
Local High School Basketball Results (Tuesday):
In Girls Basketball:
- Yankton lost to SF Washington 54-30
- Avon fell to Corsica Stickney 42-30
- Bon Homme were defeated by Parkston 61-30
- Scotland defeated Irene-Wakonda 47-43
- Vermillion topped Parker 73-27
In Boys Basketball:
- Yankton fell to SF Washington 46-41
- Bloomfield lost to Boyd County 51-41
- Cedar Catholic defeated Crofton 70-34; they will face Ponca in the subdistrict C2-6 championship game on Thursday at 7:00
- Hartington-Newcastle were defeated by Bancroft-Rosalie 59-34
- Wynot topped Walthill 66-37; They will meet Wausa in the subdistrict D2-4 title game tomorrow night at 7:00