- The 2nd Round of the FCS Division 1 Football playoffs are at the halfway point, with the quarterfinal round approaching today and tomorrow.
Holy Cross vs South Dakota State University
Samford vs North Dakota State University
William & Mary vs Montana State University
Incarnate Word vs Sacramento State University
The quarterfinal round takes place today and Saturday, as North Dakota State hosts Samford at 6pm tonight, and South Dakota State hosts Holy Cross tomorrow at 11am.
- It’s a Yankton Basketball double-header tonight as the Bucks and Gazelles travel to Harrisburg. The (0-2) Gazelles are searching for their first victory of the season and this the Bucks season opener. Bucks Head Coach Chris Haynes is just looking for his team to compete against Harrisburg, one of the highest ranked teams in the state.
HAYNES: 13 Seconds
You can catch the action on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig, pregame coverage begins at 530pm, tipoff at 6pm.
- USD Men’s Basketball Coach Eric Peterson suffered multiple injuries resulting from a fall Wednesday night while decorating his home for the holidays. As of yesterday, he was being monitored in a Sioux Falls Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. He is expected to return to coaching but will not be on the sidelines for the Coyotes game vs UC Irvine on Saturday.
- The Yankton HS Boys and Girls Wrestling Triangular in Vermillion last night with Dakota Valley was postponed and has been rescheduled for Tuesday, January 31st. Start time will be the same as originally scheduled, 5PM in Vermillion.
- The Gymnastics Quadrangular scheduled in Mitchell last night versus the Kernels, Pierre and O’Gorman went on as scheduled, but the Gazelles did not participate due to weather travel concerns.
- Yankton Gazelles Softball standout Elle Feser has committed to continue her academic and athletic career at Dakota Wesleyan University. Feser signed her letter of intent yesterday afternoon at Yankton High School. Feser will play for the Gazelles Softball squad in their inaugural season this spring.