- The 2nd Round of the FCS Division 1 Football playoffs are at the hallway point, with the quarterfinal round approaching this Friday and Saturday.
Incarnate Word 41, Furman 38
Sacramento State 38, Richmond 31
Samford 48, Southeastern Louisiana 42
North Dakota State 49, Montana 26
South Dakota State 42, Delaware 6
Holy Cross 35, New Hampshire 19
William & Mary 54, Gardner Webb 14
Montana State 33, Weber State 25
The quarterfinal round takes place Friday and Saturday, as North Dakota State hosts Samford at 6pm on Friday, and South Dakota State hosts Holy Cross on Saturday at 11am.
- The Yankton Gazelles fell 50-39 in their home opener last night versus Huron at the Summit Activities Center. The Gazelles led at half 24-21 but couldn’t quite hold on. Coach Trey Krier talks about his teams play entering the second half.
KRIER: 22 Seconds
The Gazelles, 0-2, play the front half a varsity double-header Friday as the Bucks and Gazelles travel to Harrisburg. You can catch the action on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig, pregame coverage begins at 530pm, tipoff at 6pm.
- The USD Women’s Basketball Squad fell 83-54 last night at the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. Grace Larkins led the Coyotes in scoring with 13 points. The Yotes now 4-5, host Montana Sunday for a noon tipoff at the SCSC.
- The USD Men’s Basketball team fell to Air Force 79-58 yesterday afternoon in Colorado Springs. Leading scoring for South Dakota was AJ Plitzuweit (Plitz-uh-white). The Yotes, now 5-5, host UC Irvine Saturday at 1pm.
- The Yankton Bucks scored their first two victories of the season, going 2-1 in a wrestling quadrangular hosted by Sioux Falls Washington on Tuesday. Yankton beat Lennox 48-33, Sioux Falls Washington 42-36, and fell to Sioux Falls Lincoln 48-27. The Gazelles went 1-2 in their dual vs Lennox. Dylan Sloan led Yankton’s efforts in the Quadrangular with two pins. Yankton now prepares for a varsity triangular on Thursday at 5pm at Vermillion.
- The Yankton Quarterback Club resumes this afternoon at JoDeans for guest speaker Tom Billiter, coach of the Augustana University Men’s Basketball Program. Speaking begins at noon and there is a lunch buffet available for purchase.