- The 2nd Round of the FCS Division 1 Football playoffs kicked off Saturday:
Incarnate Word 41, Furman 38
Sacramento State 38, Richmond 31
Samford 48, Southeastern Louisiana 42
North Dakota State 49, Montana 26
South Dakota State 42, Delaware 6
Holy Cross 35, New Hampshire 19
William & Mary 54, Gardner Webb 14
Montana State 33, Weber State 25
The quarterfinal round takes place Friday and Saturday, as North Dakota State hosts Samford at 6pm on Friday, and South Dakota State hosts Holy Cross on Saturday at 11am.
- The Yankton Gazelles basketball squad opened their season at Sioux Falls Lincoln Friday night and lost their season opener 36-22. The Gazelles, now (0-1), play their first home game tomorrow night against (0-0) Huron. You can catch the action live from the Summit Center with the voice of Yankton Basketball, Bryce Ladwig on KYNT and KYNTV. Pregame coverage begins at 630pm, tipoff at 7pm.
- The (4-4) USD Women’s Basketball Squad hosts Drake tomorrow evening at the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. Tipoff scheduled for 7pm.
- The (5-4) USD Men’s Basketball team defeated BYU 69-68 on the road Saturday afternoon in Salt Lake City, and now travel to Colorado Springs tomorrow for another tough opponent, Air Force. Tipoff is scheduled for 4pm.
- The (5-4) SDSU Women’s Basketball team defeated Northern Iowa at home 80-69 on Saturday, and now have the week to prepare for their trip to Kansas City this Saturday, as they take on Kansas State in the Municipal Auditorium at 1pm.
- The (3-6) SDSU Men’s Basketball squad traveled to Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Saturday and lost to the Crimson Tide 78-65, and now prepare for a clash with Montana in Missoula tomorrow. Tipoff scheduled for 8pm.
- The Yankton Bucks were 0-4 in the Dual Wrestling Tournament in Watertown on Saturday. Huron defeated Yankton 57-24 in the seventh-place match. Yankton went 0-3 in pool play, falling to Tea Area (72-9), Milbank (48-36) and Aberdeen Central (75-3). Yankton’s Janish, Dylan Sloan and Shayce Platt each took two victories in the tournament, while Devon Coke, Chase Howe and Edly Amara earned single victories. In the girls’ tournament, Yankton’s Jaclyn Kyte and Nevaeh Leonard each went 3-0 with three pins on the day. Monica Massey went 1-2. Yankton heads to Sioux Falls Washington on Tuesday. YHS will face Lennox, Sioux Falls Lincoln and Washington in the quadrangular.
- The Yankton Gazelles placed eighth in the 11-team Lolly Forseth Invitational gymnastics meet, held Saturday at Jefferson High School in Sioux Falls. Mitchell won the team title with a score of 144.1, beating out O’Gorman (142.8) and Harrisburg (142.45). Yankton finished at 127.05, highlighted by a 34.25 team score on vault.