- The 2nd round of the FCS Division 1 Playoffs take place this Saturday, as 16 teams remain.
New Hampshire vs Holy Cross
Furman vs Incarnate Word
Gardner-Webb vs W&M
Weber State vs Montana State
Delaware vs South Dakota State (2pm)
SE LA vs Samford
Montana vs North Dakota State (230pm)
Richmond vs Sacramento State
- The Nebraska Cornhuskers defeated Big 10 Rival Iowa 24-17 to end a 4-8 tumultuous season. At the conclusion of the game on Saturday, it was announced that former Baylor and Carolina Panther Head Coach Matt Rhule would be hired as the next head coach of the Nebraska Cornhusker Football Program for the next eight seasons. Contract terms will be announced later today.
- The Kansas City Chiefs rolled over the Los Angeles Rams 26-10 yesterday afternoon to improve to 9-2 on the season. The Chiefs now travel to Cincinnati to take on the Bengals this coming Sunday for a 325pm kickoff.
- The (4-3) USD Women’s Basketball team went 0-2 in the Las Vegas Holiday Classic vs Santa Clara and Fordham over the weekend. The Yotes, now 4-3, travel to Northern Colorado this Friday for a 7pm tipoff.
- The (4-2) SDSU Women’s Basketball team went 2-1 in the Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis Classic over the weekend, and now travel to Washington State tonight for a 9pm CT tipoff.
- The (3-4) SDSU Men’s Basketball team went 1-1 in the Hostillo Community Classic over the weekend, and now travel to Kent State on Friday for a 6pm tipoff.
- The South Dakota Coyote Volleyball team (29-3) won its third straight Summit League Championship this weekend as they defeated Omaha in three straight sets on Saturday. The Coyotes were led by a match-high 14 kills from Kylen Sealock and 11 kills from tournament MVP Elizabeth Juhnke. Game scores went 25-20, 25-14, 30-28. With the win, the Coyotes earned an automatic berth to the NCAA tournament for the fourth time in five years. The Yotes take on #22 Houston in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament, first serve is scheduled for 330pm on Friday.
- The Gazelles Gymnastics team opens their season tonight in a varsity duel vs Mitchell at the River City Gymnastics Center. Competition begins at 530pm.