- Three new South Dakota High School Volleyball Champions were crowned Saturday evening in Sioux Falls:
Class AA: Harrisburg defeated Sioux Falls Jefferson 3-1 to claim the Class AA State Title, their fourth title in school history, and third in Class AA.
Class A: Sioux Falls Christian bested Elkton-Lake Benton 3-1 to claim their sixth consecutive Class A Title, and 10th since 2010.
Class B: Warner defeated Chester Area 3-1 to claim it’s second consecutive title, and its eighth since 1999. A timespan in which both Warner and Northwestern, schools 10 miles apart, have accounted for 20 of the 23 Class B State Titles.
- The USD Coyote Volleyball Program ended its regular season with a 3-0 victory over North Dakota at the Sanford Coyote Sports Complex Saturday evening. The Yotes end the season with 27-3 overall record, and a 16-2 conference record. The Summit League Tournament begins in Omaha on Thursday, and the #1 Yotes will face either #5 SDSU or #4 Denver at 4pm on Friday.
- The South Dakota Coyotes season ended Saturday in disappointing fashion, as Northern Iowa came to the DakotaDome and handed the Yotes a 58-14 loss. The Coyotes end the season 3-8. Amid extensive social media backlash and criticism, USD Athletic Director David Herbster tackled the sensitive topic of head coach Bob Nielson’s future with the program.
HERBSTER: 30 Seconds
The Yotes are 32-34 under Nielson’s tenure as head coach since 2016, but also have the only Division I playoff victory in school history.
- The NCAA Division I FCS Playoff Bracket is set, here are the opening matchups on November 26th:
|1st Round-November 26th||2nd Round-December 3rd|
|Saint Francis vs Delaware—||Winner vs #1 South Dakota State|
|Fordham vs New Hampshire—||Winner vs #8 Holy Cross|
|Gardner-Webb vs Eastern Kentucky—||Winner vs #5 William & Mary|
|North Dakota vs Weber State—||Winner vs #4 Montana State|
|Southeast Missouri State vs Montana—||Winner vs #3 North Dakota State|
|Idaho vs Southeast Louisiana—||Winner vs #6 Samford|
|Elon vs Furman—||Winner vs #7 UIW|
|Davidson vs Richmond—||Winner vs #2 Sacramento State|
- The Hartington-Cedar Catholic Trojans are seeking a Nebraska High School Football Class C2 Title tomorrow from Lincoln, Nebraska, but will have to get through Norfolk Catholic. You can tune in live on Current 94.3/the Riverfront Sports App, or this stations website. Tehl Tanner and Scott Ulrich have the call, pregame coverage begins 945am.
- The USD Women’s Basketball team traveled to Saint Louis yesterday and defeated the Billikens 71-67. The Yotes, now 4-1, travel to Las Vegas Friday and Saturday, where they will square off with both Santa Clara and Fordham in the Las Vegas Holiday Classic.
- The USD Men’s Basketball team is on their way to the Gulf Coast of Florida for the Fort Meyers Tipoff Classic. The Yotes face Long Island University at 130pm on Tuesday, then play at either 10am or 130pm on Wednesday. The Yotes are currently 2-2 this season.
- The SDSU Women’s Basketball team played two games in the Bad Boy Motors Battle 4 Atlantis Classic in the Bahamas over the weekend, losing to UCLA 72-65 on Saturday, but defeating Rutgers 75-56 on Sunday. The Jacks are now 3-2 this season.
- The SDSU Men’s Basketball team dropped their home opener on Saturday to Stephen F. Austin 93-82. The Jacks, now 2-3 on the season, travel to the Hostillo Community Classic over the weekend in Savannah, Georgia. They will face Valparaiso and James Madison.