- The Yankton Bucks Football season came to a conclusion Friday night, with the Bucks falling in the Class 11AA Semifinals round to five-time champion Pierre 59-31 in the state capitol. The Bucks offense scored more points against the Governors than all but one Pierre opponent this season, Class 11AAA Brandon Valley, who scored 34 in the regular season. The Bucks end their 2022 season with a 6-5 record, while the Pierre Governors move on to the Class 11AA Championship Saturday afternoon in the DakotaDome.
- All seven South Dakota High School Football Classes will have a champion crowed this week at the DakotaDome in Vermillion. Here are the matchups:
Class 9B (Thursday-11am)
#2 Hitchcock-Tulare vs #1 Herreid/Selby Area (Herry-ed)
Class 9A (Thursday-7pm)
#3 Gregory vs #1 Warner
Class 9AA (Friday-1030am)
#6 Parkston vs #1 Wall
Class 11B (Friday-230pm)
#3 Elk Point-Jefferson vs #1 Winner
Class 11A (Friday-730pm)
#2 West Central vs #1 Dell Rapids
Class 11AA (Saturday-1pm)
#2 Tea Area vs #1 Pierre
Class 11AAA (Saturday-7pm)
#3 Harrisburg vs #1 Sioux Falls Jefferson
- After a 10-9 overtime victory over Malcolm Friday night, the Hartington-Cedar Catholic Trojans are on their way to the semi-final round of the Class C2, traveling to Battle Creek Friday for a 7pm kickoff. You can listen to the action live with Tehl Tanner and Scott Ulrich on Riverfront Sports 94.3, the Riverfront Sports App, or online on this stations website.
- The South Dakota Coyotes hosted and defeated Missouri State 20-13 Saturday afternoon in the DakotaDome. The Yotes, now 3-6, travel to Grand Forks to take on North Dakota at noon on Saturday.
- The South Dakota State Jackrabbits defeated Northern Iowa 31-28 on the road Saturday afternoon. The Jacks, now 9-1, conclude their regular season Saturday with a 2pm clash with Illinois State at Dana J Dykhouse Stadium.
- The Huskers hosted the Minnesota Golden Gophers Saturday afternoon, and fell 20-13. The Huskers, now 3-6, travel to the Big House in Michigan to take on the Wolverines, one of the top teams in the country. Kickoff at 230pm, and you can listen to the action on Hot Country 93.1, the Hot Country mobile app, or online on this stations website, pregame coverage beginning at 1030am.
- Matthew Mors makes his regular season collegiate debut tonight, with the SDSU Jackrabbits Men’s Basketball team traveling to face the Akron Zips of the Mid-American Conference at 6pm. Mors, a three-time Gatorade Player of the Year, five-time All-State Selection, and a four-star prospect entering his collegiate career, transferred from Wisconsin to SDSU after one redshirt season.