- The road to the dome runs through the state capitol, as the (6-4) Yankton Bucks travel to (10-0) Pierre for the Class 11AA South Dakota High School Football Semi-Finals this Friday. The Bucks dropped their regular season contest to Pierre 55-10 but are looking to ride a wave of recent success in hopes of upsetting the five-time defending champion Governors. You can catch the action LIVE on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig and Josh Boelter, pregame coverage begins at 6pm, kickoff at 7pm.
- The 12th seeded Hartington-Cedar Catholic Trojans traveled to the western side of the state to route 5th seeded Mitchell 44-14 Friday afternoon. The Trojans, now (7-3), travel to 4th seeded (10-0) Malcolm this Friday. You can listen live on Riverfront Sports FM 94.3, this stations website, or the Riverfront Sports App. Pregame coverage begins at 645pm, kickoff at 7pm.
- Crofton fell to Clarkson/Leigh 22-14 in the second round of the Class D1 Nebraska High School Football Playoffs Friday night in Clarkson. Crofton’s season ends with a 6-4 record.
- The Nebraska Cornhuskers Football squad fell to #14 Illinois 26-9 at home Saturday afternoon. The Huskers, now 3-5 overall and 2-3 in Big10 Conference play, host the Minnesota Gophers at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln Saturday afternoon. You can listen live on your country home for the Huskers, FM 93.1, pregame coverage begins at 7am, kickoff at 11am.
- The South Dakota Coyotes dropped a Missouri Valley Football Conference matchup to Youngstown State 45-24 Saturday afternoon in Youngstown, Ohio. The Coyotes, now 2-6 overall and 1-4 in conference play, host (3-5) Missouri State Saturday in the Dakotadome, kickoff at 1pm.
- The South Dakota State Jackrabbits football squad defeated Indiana State at home 49-7 Saturday afternoon to improve to 8-1 overall, and 6-0 in conference play. The Jackrabbits now travel to Cedar Falls, Iowa Saturday afternoon for a 4pm matchup with conference rival, Northern Iowa.
- The (6-18) Yankton Gazelles travel to (8-16) Brookings tomorrow evening for a varsity volleyball clash. This is the last road game of the regular season for the Gazelles. Match is set to begin at 7pm. The Gazelles are currently ranked 17th in the Class AA Standings and are the first team outside of SODAK 16 playoff contention.