All classes of South Dakota High School Football played their quarterfinal rounds last night:
- The Yankton Bucks played their final game under the lights at Crane-Youngworth Field last night, defeating Brookings 49-14 in the Class 11AA Quarterfinal Round of the playoffs. Yankton dominated all three sides of the ball. Rugby Ryken delivered another historic performance for the Bucks, tallying six touchdowns (3 rush/3 pass), tallying 246 yards passing, and 49 yards rushing.
RUGBY-OSWALD: 19 Seconds
The Bucks now (6-4), turn their attention towards the #1 team in the state in the semifinal round, (10-0) Pierre next Friday in the state capitol. Yankton looks to have a better outing than their regular season trip to Hollister Field, where they were defeated 55-10. You can catch the action live on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig and Josh Boelter, pregame 6pm, kickoff 7pm.
Other 11AA Playoff Matchups
#8 Sturgis (14), #1 Pierre (42)
#7 Watertown (0), #2 Tea Area (41)
#6 Spearfish (7), #3 Aberdeen Central (34)
- The Bon Homme Cavaliers entered the Class 9AA playoffs as an 8th seed, and they took care of business last week in round 1, but they faced a tall task in the quarterfinals as they took on the top seeded Wall Eagles in Wall last night who were undefeated going into the contest. Bon Homme fell 20-12 in a one possession game on the road against the #1 overall seed, the Wall Eagles. Bon Homme ends their season in the playoff quarterfinals in class 9AA with a (9-4) overall record.
Other area Playoff Matchups
(Class 9B) #8 Avon (74), #1 Herreid/Selby Area (48)
#12 Irene-Wakonda (36), #4 Sully Buttes (30)
These two teams face each other in the next round
The Nebraska High School Playoffs continue tonight as some area teams continue their journey towards Memorial Stadium in Lincoln.
- In Class C2, #12 (6-3) Hartington-Cedar Catholic makes the trip west to take on #5 (8-1) Mitchell. You can listen live on Riverfront Sports 94.3FM, the Riverfront Sports App, or online on this station’s website. Pregame coverage begins at 250pm, kickoff at 3pm.
- In Class D1, #10 (5-3) Crofton travels to #7 (7-1) Clarkson/Leigh. You can catch the action on Riverfront Sports 94.3FM, the Riverfront Sports App, or online on this station’s website. Pregame coverage begins at 630pm, kickoff at 7pm with Tehl Tanner.
- In Class D2, #3 Wynot hosts #14 Twin Loup, with kickoff scheduled for 5pm.
- Also in Class D2, #6 Bloomfield hosts #11 Osceola, with kickoff scheduled for 6pm.