- The Yankton Bucks fell 29-7 to Aberdeen Central Friday night at Crane-Youngworth Field, falling to 4-4 on the season, and to 4th in the Class 11AA Standings, behind Pierre, Tea Area and Aberdeen. On a positive note for the Bucks, senior Tyler Sohler climbed to #1 in the YHS All-Time Receiving Yards list, surpassing Buck alumn and current Mount Marty University Lancer, Rex Ryken. Sohler now is atop the record books in both career receptions and yards. Yankton now prepares to host (2-6) Huron Thursday night at Crane, which is the regular season finale, and a Yankton victory would ensure a first-round home playoff game for the Bucks. You can catch the action live on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig and Josh Boelter, 6pm pregame, 7pm kickoff.
- The Yankton Gazelles fell in four sets 24-26, 25-18, 11-25, 15-25 to Aberdeen Central Saturday at the Summit Activities Center in varsity volleyball action. The Gazelles, now 3-14 on the season, prepare to travel to west river for the East-West Classic later this week. Facing off against Spearfish and Rapid City Central Friday night at Central High School….and Sturgis, Douglas and Rapid City Stevens on Saturday at Stevens High School.
- The South Dakota Class A and Class AA Girls and Boys Soccer Championships were held Saturday at Tea Area High School. The following emerged as champions of their respective classes:
Girls Class A: Tea Area High School (defeated West Central 1-0)
Girls Class AA: Harrisburg (defeated Aberdeen Central 2-1)
Boys Class A: Sioux Falls Christian (defeated St. Thomas More 2-0)
Boys Class AA: Rapid City Stevens (defeated SF Lincoln 4-1)
Also in state soccer news, the 2022 All-State Selections have been released for both girls’ and boys’ classes, and Yankton Buck Braylen Bietz made Class AA All-State Second Team.
- #2 South Dakota State defeated #1 North Dakota State 23-21 in the Dakota Marker Football Battle in the Fargo Dome Saturday Afternoon. The Jacks improve to 6-1 overall and 4-0 in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, while the Bison (Bizon) fall to 5-2 overall and 3-1 in the conference. SDSU travels to Grand Forks Saturday for a 3pm showdown with North Dakota.
- The Huskers fell short on the road 43-37 in a Saturday night Big 10 Conference slugfest versus Purdue. Husker quarterback Casey Thompson threw for 354 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in the loss. The Huskers are idle this week and must wait until the 29th for their next game, hosting Illinois.
- The Class D1 Nebraska High School Football Playoff bracket is set. (5-3) Crofton, coming off a 52-38 victory over Wakefield, secured the 7th seed and is hosting 10th seeded (5-3) Freeman Thursday night. Tehl Tanner and Scott Ulrich will bring you the action on the Riverfront Sports App or this stations website. Pregame 645pm, kickoff 7pm.
- Friday Night Prep Scores
Harrisburg 41, Brookings 7
Pierre 35, Tea Area 30
Mitchell 21, Huron 14
Watertown 26, Spearfish 7
Sturgis 27, Douglas 0
Vermillion 28, Madison 20
Gregory 23, Bon Homme 12
Burke 33, Gayville-Volin 22
Wolsey-Wessington Springs 34, Avon 16
Hartington-Newcastle 45, Homer 24
Cedar Catholic 54, Ponca 7
Crofton 52, Wakefield 38