- Yankton Gazelles Tennis swept their competition at Sioux Falls Washington’s Varsity Triangular yesterday, defeating Washington High School 7-2 and Harrisburg 6-3. Yankton now (19-6) turns their attention to the ESD Conference Tournament on Tuesday at Hitchcock Park in Mitchell. First serve is set for 10am.
- The (3-1) Yankton Bucks host (4-0) Tea Area tonight at Crane-Youngworth Field for a powerhouse varsity football matchup to conclude the homecoming festivities of the week. Yankton is coming off a disappointing 55-10 loss at Pierre last week, and Tea Area is coming off the heels of a 42-0 road victory over Douglas. Bucks Coach Brady Muth talked about how the importance of diagnosing the versatile Tea Area offense will be paramount to a Bucks victory. You can catch the action live on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig and Josh Boelter, pregame coverage begins at 6pm, kickoff at 7pm.
- Yankton Cross Country competes at home this afternoon at Fox Run Golf Course versus Gayville-Volin, Mitchell, Pierce, Sioux City Bishop Heelan, and Vermillion. Competition begins at 3pm.
- The Yankton Bucks are all set for the ESD Conference Boys Golf Meet tomorrow morning at Pierre Hillsview Golf Course. Tee-off is set for 10am.
- Yankton Soccer travels to Aberdeen tomorrow afternoon. The (2-9-1) Gazelles begin the double-header at 12pm, followed by the (6-4-2) Bucks.
- Yankton Competitive Dance and Cheer travels to Harrisburg tomorrow morning for a varsity invitational. Competition begins at 10am.
- Be sure to tune in to the Coaches Corner Show Saturday morning at 9am, as the voice of Yankton Athletics, Bryce Ladwig sits down with the varsity and sub-varsity coaches of Yankton High School Athletics to talk about their latest matchups and future competition. Listen live on KYNT or watch on KYNTV.
The Mount Marty football team will travel to Sioux City tomorrow to take on the Briar Cliff Chargers. MMU enters this weekends contest with a 1-2 overall record. Briar Cliff currently sits at 1-3. All coverage will be on KYNT with the pregame show beginning at noon.
The Mount Marty volleyball program will be traveling to Jamestown University in North Dakota on Saturday. The Lancers currently sit at 6-7 on the season as they take on #4 Jamestown tomorrow evening.
The Lancer soccer programs will be at Briar Cliff University tomorrow afternoon beginning at 1 p.m. The Lancer women will play first with the men’s contest immediately following.
The women’s golf team begins the two-day NWU Invite Saturday in Lincoln Nebraska. The men’s golf team begins the two-day Central Plains Invitational in Salina, Kansas Sunday.
The Lancer cross country teams will compete today at the Wildcat invite in Wayne Nebraska beginning at 4 p.m.