- Yankton received their first two losses of the season in Class AA Tennis action, losing to Rapid City Stevens 7-2, and Watertown 5-4 at the SAC Courts in varsity tennis Saturday morning. Nora Krajewski (Kraskie) outlasted Stevens’ Alastrina Scott in singles. Nora and Sabrina Krajewski downed Stevens’ Sophie Schmid and Evelyn Haar at flight one doubles. Against Watertown, Nora Krajewski, Sabrina Krajewski and Paige Mitzel each won in singles for Yankton. Sabrina and Nora Krajewski also earned a doubles victory. Yankton, now 4-2, travel to Brookings Friday afternoon for a varsity quadrangular. The Gazelles face Harrisburg, Aberdeen Central and Brookings on Friday, and Aberdeen Roncalli and Huron on Saturday.
- The Yankton Bucks and Gazelles Soccer Squads try to kick their way back into the win column on the road at West Central today in a varsity soccer double-header. The defending state champion Bucks (1-2) play the first half of the double-header and continue to seek consistency on the field with the new look squad. Coach Dave Dannenbring says the team is proud of its championship accomplishment, but a new page has been turned, with many new players.
DANO: 19 Seconds
The young Gazelles (0-3) will have their hands full versus a West Central squad who has won six of the last seven Class A Girls State Titles, but will do so after an impressive defensive showcase last Thursday. The Bucks begin their matchup at 4pm, followed by the Gazelles.
- Yankton Gazelles Volleyball is coming off their most successful season in recent memory, and begin their 2022 campaign tomorrow at the defending Class AA State Champion Sioux Falls O’Gorman. While Gazelles Head Coach Chelsea Law says they look at O’Gorman like any other opponent, they are truly focused on themselves this early in the season, and building off the successful growth of last year.
LAW: 10 Seconds
First serve is set for 7pm tomorrow evening.
- The Yankton Bucks Golf squad takes to the greens at Hillsview Golf Course in Pierre for an invitational tomorrow. Yankton most recently finished 10th at the Warrior/Lynx Invite in Sioux Falls early last week. Tee off for Hillsivew is set for 10am.
- The Yankton Quarterback Club will hold its first meeting of the 2022-2023 school year on Wednesday at noon at JoDean’s in Yankton. The public is invited to attend. There is a cost for the meal. The QB Club hosts area college and high school coaches, as well as special event speakers.
- Fall sports have arrived at Mount Marty with the Lancers soccer teams bringing the first action of the season. The Lancer men and women traveled to Mitchell, SD yesterday afternoon for two matchups with Dakota Wesleyan. First, the women’s soccer program ended their first game of the season in a 0-0 draw with the Tigers. In the second game, the men’s teams also started the season with a draw, with the score standing at 1-1. It was Diego Romero with the goal for the Lancers in the 81st minute.
- Up next, with both teams beginning their 2022 campaigns with 0-0-1 records, both teams are set for a home matchup with York College tomorrow at Crane Youngworth Field. The action will start at 5 p.m. with the women’s team first and the men’s team immediately following.
- The Mount Marty Volleyball team is set to begin their season tomorrow evening up in Aberdeen with a matchup with the Presentation Saints. Last season, the Lancers finished the season with an 8-20 overall record. This Tuesday evening start to the season is set to begin at 7 p.m.
- After a years wait the Lancer football team is back in action this week. Mount Marty will travel to Presentation on Thursday to start their 2022 campaign with a non-conference matchup. Mount Marty will kick off their season on Thursday at 6 p.m. We will have all the coverage right here on KYNT and our KYNTV platforms for video.