- Nearly 600 were in attendance for last night’s Fall Sports Banquet, which gave head coaches of all YHS Athletic Programs a chance to talk about their team and set the table for their upcoming, or ongoing seasons. Yankton Football Head Coach Brady Muth spoke last, and updated the public on the state of the football squad.
MUTH 1: 23 seconds
Muth also gave enormous credit to the Yankton Athletics Strength and Conditioning Program, led by Coach Mark Roozen, former Cleveland Brown Strength Coach, and a Yankton stalwart when it comes to building strength within the school’s athletic programs.
MUTH 2: 27 Seconds
Yankton Football kicks off its season in Mitchell on the 26th, and you can catch the action LIVE on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig and Josh Boelter, pregame coverage beginning at 6pm.
- The Yankton Bucks Golf Squad endured the heavy rainfall and logistical changes and completed day one of the two-day Warrior/Lynx Invite yesterday at Brandon Golf Course. The Bucks finished the day 12th out of 17 teams with a combined 335 (+51) team score. Leading the event entering today’s day two is O’Gorman with a 289 (+5) team score. Todays action tees off at 8am from Willow Run Golf Course.
- It’s gameday for Yankton Soccer! The Yankton Bucks and Gazelles Soccer Teams are looking to end their competitive season opening road trip with a pair of victories this evening in Harrisburg. The Bucks (1-0) begin the double-header, hoping to play spoiler in Harrisburg’s season opener, followed by the Gazelles (0-1). Game action begins at 5pm, and you can catch it live on KYNT and KYNTV platforms with Josh Boelter and Brayden Butler. Pregame coverage begins at 430pm.
- Yankton Gazelles Tennis (2-0) continues their new season campaign later this morning, hosting Lennox (0-1) and Vermillion (0-2) at the Summit Activities Courts beginning at 11am.
- The Yankton Quarterback Club will hold its first meeting of the 2022-2023 school year on Wednesday, August 24th at noon at JoDean’s in Yankton. The public is invited to attend. There is a cost for the meal. The QB Club hosts area college and high school coaches, as well as special event speakers.