- The second round of the Class B South Dakota Amateur Baseball Tournament has concluded last night from Cadwell Park in Mitchell. Punching their next round tickets was Winner/Colome, who snuck by Lake Norden 4-3 after a walk-off single, and Kimbal/White Lake defeated Flandreau 2-1.
The Class B Tournament is down to eight teams, and four matchups over the course of the next few days.
- Garretson vs Mt. Vernon at 530pm
- Alexandra vs Lennox at 730pm
- Dimock/Emery vs Dell Rapids at 530pm
- Winner/Colome vs ……at 730pm
The Class A State Tournament also resumes tomorrow from Cadwell Park, as the Sioux Falls Hops square up with the Rapid City A’s at 130pm, followed by Brookings taking on Aberdeen Circus.
- The Yankton Gazelles Tennis Squad begins their 2022 campaign in Brookings this afternoon, and will do so as a member of Class AA, after moving up following a state runner-up finish in Class A last season. The Gazelles return five of their seven varsity players from a season ago. The Gazelles first home competition is Tuesday at the SAC courts vs Lennox and Vermillion beginning at 11am.
- Yankton Gazelles and Bucks Soccer begin their 2022 campaign tomorrow, traveling to Sioux Falls Lincoln for a varsity double-header. The boy’s game will be first, beginning at 6pm. You can catch all the home action and select road games beginning Tuesday from Harrisburg on all KYNT and KYNTV platforms, with Josh Boelter, Brayden Butler and Bryce Ladwig bringing you the action all season long.
- The Yankton Quarterback Club will hold its first meeting of the 2022-2023 school year on Wednesday, August 24th at noon at JoDean’s in Yankton. The public is invited to attend. There is a cost for the meal. The QB Club hosts area college and high school coaches, as well as special event speakers.