- The All-State Selections have been released for South Dakota High School Boy’s Basketball, while the Girl’s selections were released last week.
Girls Class AA Selections
Ndjakalenga Mwenentanda – Sioux Falls Washington HS (Sr) (Jack-Uh-Lang-Guh Men-en-tawnda)
Hannah Ronsiek – Sioux Falls O’Gorman HS (Sr) (Ron-Seck)
Hilary Behrens – Brandon Valley HS (Jr)
Jayda McNabb – Rapid City Stevens HS (Sr)
Mahli Abdouch – Sioux Falls O’Gorman HS (Soph) (Ab-Dew-shh)
Josie Hill – Rapid City Central HS (Sr)
Emilee Boyer – Harrisburg HS (Sr)
Cierra Watkins – Sioux Falls Jefferson HS (Jr)
Sawyer Stoebner – Mitchell HS (Soph)
Bella Shreeve – Huron HS (Sr)
Ainsley Shelsta – Brookings HS (Sr)
Ellie Karolevitz – Yankton HS (Sr) (Car-Lev-its)
Boys Class AA Selections
Caden Hinker- Mitchell HS (Sr)
Marcus Phillips-Sioux Falls Roosevelt HS (Sr)
Mikele Kambalo-Sioux Falls Washington HS (Sr) (Meek-ell Cam-Ball-Oh)
Lincoln Kienholz-Pierre HS (Jr) (Keen-Holes)
Drew Norberg-Watertown HS (Sr)
David Alpers-Sioux Falls O’Gorman HS (Sr)
Micah Johnson-Sioux Falls Roosevelt HS (Sr)
Ethan Determan-Harrisburg HS (Jr)
Matt Eng-Sioux Falls O’Gorman HS (Jr)
Kaden Year-Sioux Falls Jefferson HS (Jr)
Taylen Ashley-Sioux Falls Jefferson HS (Jr)
Sam Rohlfs-Aberdeen Central HS (Sr)
- After starting the new season 4-0, Yankton Bucks Tennis sets out to defend their home court today in a triangular vs Vermillion and Sioux City Bishop Heelan at the NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Complex rather than the originally planned Summit Activities Center Courts due to cold and windy conditions. First serve is set for 11am.
- South Dakota Coyote Softball freshman pitcher Clara Edwards has been named the Summit League Pitcher of the Week for the third time this season after leading the Coyotes to a series win against North Dakota State this past weekend at Nygaard Field. Edwards earned two complete-game victories over the Bison. She allowed just six hits in both games and three earned runs in 14 innings of work. Edwards leads the Summit with 102 2/3 innings pitched this season and her nine wins are third-most. She also has the fifth-most strikeouts with 67 and her 2.45 ERA is also fifth. South Dakota faces Drake in a 4 pm doubleheader today in Des Moines, Iowa. The Coyotes host South Dakota State in a three-game series Saturday and Sunday in Vermillion.
- The Mount Marty baseball team hosted Jamestown University over the weekend for a four-game series. The Lancers took the weekend 3 games to 1.
Final scores games 1-4: L 19-15, W 9-1, W 6-2, W 3-1
Now with a 20-7 overall and 6-2 GPAC record, Mount Marty is set for a trip to Mitchell, South Dakota for a single game non-conference matchup with Dakota Wesleyan University at 4 p.m. this Wednesday.
- After a weekend sweep over Doane University, Mount Marty softball is now 14-8 overall and 4-2 in the GPAC. Today, Mount Marty will host Dakota State University for a doubleheader today at Riverside Field starting at 1. Mount Marty is currently ranked 4th in the GPAC.
- Mount Marty men’s golf placed 6th out of 7 teams in the first day of their spring golf season yesterday at Ames Golf & Country Club over in Ames, Iowa. The Lancers are competing in the Jimmie Spring Swing second day today. Damion Breese placed highest individually for the Lancers as he shot a 9 over 80 and tied for 15th.
- Mount Marty men’s and women’s tennis competed against Hastings College on Saturday. Both teams lost to Hastings 6-1. The Mount Marty women are now 0-3-2 on the season and the men hold a 0-5-2 overall record. Both teams are set to host Concordia University at the National Field Archery Association Headquarters in Yankton on Thursday with the action beginning at 1 p.m.