- The Bucks and Gazelles squads each secured victories in their second double-header of the weekend as they faced off against Rapid City Central at the Summit Activities Center Saturday afternoon.
- The Gazelles upset the #5 ranked Rapid City Central Cobblers 38-36 in one of their best performances of the season. Claire Tereshinski led with 17 points for the Gazelles, Molly Savey added eight. Coach Trey Krier, was pleased with how his team rebounded following a loss the night prior.
The Gazelles, now 5-10, have a matchup against a tough Class A opponent on the road as they travel to (16-3) Sioux Falls Christian tomorrow. You can catch the action live on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig, pregame 630pm, tipoff at 7pm.
- The Bucks finished a two-day sweep of the Rapid City Public Schools by following their Friday night victory over Rapid City Stevens, with a dominant 59-39 victory over Rapid City Central. The Bucks were led in scoring by Jaden Kral who tallied 16 points, Drew Ryken notched 14, and Michael Mors netted a season best 12 points. Coach Chris Haynes says his effort really sparked the team.
The Bucks have the majority of this week to prepare for what could be their last home matchup of the season when they host the always tough Class A Tea Area in a girls/boys doubleheader on Thursday at the Summit Activities Center. Catch the action live beginning with the Gazelles on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig. Pregame begins at 530pm, tipoff at 6pm.
- Yankton Gymnastics tallied a 139.483 score in the Class AA State Gymnastics Meet in Mitchell over the weekend, good enough for a fifth-place finish. O’Gorman took the team title with 150.3, the first time since 2013 that a school other than Mitchell or Watertown has won the Class AA State Title. Individually, Yankton was led by Alison Johnson, who finished 7th in the All-Around Category with a 36.750 score.
- Bon Homme-Scotland-Avon finished third and Yankton finished last, scoring 55 points in the Huron Invitational wrestling tournament on Saturday. Winner claimed the team title with 231 points, beating out Aberdeen Central (191) and BHSA (163). For Yankton, Will Pavlish was third at 132 pounds, Dylan Sloan was fourth at 126 pounds, Parker Kisch was fifth at 106 pounds and Vaden Griel finished sixth at 195 pounds. Yankton and Beresford-Alcester-Hudson will compete in the Region 2A Tournament on Friday in Brandon. BHSA heads to Miller for the Region 3A Tournament on Saturday. In the girls divisions, Yankton’s Nevaeh Leonard was third, Jett Yaggie was fourth, and Keira Christ (Krist) was seventh.