- Sioux Falls Roosevelt, the #1 ranked preps basketball team in both the Class AA Standings and Media Poll overpowered the Bucks Friday night 73-42. The Bucks were led in scoring by Dylan Prouty who tallied 12 points off of three-pointers. Coach Chris Haynes credits the loss to a combination of factors, but primarily SF Roosevelt’s fast start.
The Bucks, having lost four of their last five, have their longest stretch of time without a game THIS calendar year as they prepare to travel to ESD foe, Brandon Valley this Thursday. You can catch the action live on KYNT and KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig. Bryce will provide live updates on the Gazelles matchup vs Brandon Valley taking place at the same time at the Summit Activities Center. Pregame 630pm, tipoff at 7pm.
- Yankton Gymnastics finished second in a varsity triangular Friday night, securing a 139.15 score, while Harrisburg took top honors tallying a 144.65 score, Vermillion took third, scoring 129.30. Yankton travels to rival O’Gorman tonight for a dual beginning at 530pm.
- Mason Archambault scored a career-high 27 points to lead South Dakota to its fourth straight victory and a 90-79 win at St. Thomas Saturday inside Schoenecker Arena. It was the first meeting between the two programs. The Tommies (8-10, 2-4 Summit), in the their first season of a transition from NCAA Division III to Division I, got 24 points from Riley Miller and 19 from Anders Nelson, but dropped their third straight. South Dakota will try to make it five in a row Monday in a makeup game against Western Illinois in Macomb. Tip is 6 pm. The Leathernecks are 12-7 overall and 3-4 inside the Summit following a 93-75 loss to South Dakota State Saturday in Macomb.
- Three Coyotes reached double-figures in South Dakota’s 70-43 win over St. Thomas on Saturday afternoon inside the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. South Dakota (16-4, 9-0 Summit) extends its nation-leading winning streak to 14-straight victories and finished the first half of the Summit slate with a perfect record. The Coyotes return to action on Thursday at North Dakota State in Fargo, North Dakota.
- South Dakota women’s tennis posted its first dual win of the season with a 6-1 victory over Missouri State in a match played Sunday morning inside the Body First Indoor Tennis Center on the Kansas State campus. The Coyotes (1-1) won the doubles point to begin the match and then proceeded to win five of the six singles matches in the contest. South Dakota begins a three match in five-day stretch with Thursday’s road test at Drake, followed by Saturday at Minnesota and home next Monday to face Wichita State at Huether Family Match Pointe in Sioux Falls. South Dakota will try to make it five in a row Monday in a makeup game against Western Illinois in Macomb. Tip is 6 p.m. The Leathernecks are 12-7 overall and 3-4 inside the Summit following a 93-75 loss to South Dakota State Saturday in Macomb.