- Yankton Bucks Basketball trailed 18-3 at the end the first quarter this past Friday at Sioux Fall Lincoln, but battled back to within 7 points early in the fourth.
The comeback effort lost steam however, and the Bucks ultimately fell short 61-44. The Bucks were led in scoring by Mac Ryken, who notched 16 points in the effort. The Bucks (1-1) play tomorrow at the Summit Activities Center in their first ESD Conference matchup of the season, taking on the Golden Eagles of Aberdeen Central. You can catch the action live on KYNT audio platforms as well as on KYNTV with Bryce Ladwig. Pregame 630/tipoff at 7. Bryce will also regularly update you on the Gazelles matchup in Aberdeen Central, taking place at the same time. The Gazelles (0-3) are seeking their first season victory.
- Mitchell secured a victory while hosting its Jill McCormick Invitational Gymnastics Meet this past Saturday, tallying a 148.7 score. Harrisburg finished second with a 143, while Yankton finished 6th with a 137.35 score. Yankton was led by Alison Johnson, who finished 11th in the all-around with a 35.35. Gazelles Gymnastics now takes a long break from competition until January 8th.
- After opening the season with a 3-1 record, the Lancer Men’s Basketball team has been trying to stop a 12 game skid, and the stop came Saturday afternoon in Forest City, Iowa. The Lancers battled with the Warriors of Waldorf University all the way to the buzzer, quite literally. A buzzer beating tip in from Tyrell Harper secured the Lancer’s 62-61 victory, improving the Lancers record to 4-13 overall. The Lancers were led in scoring by Elijha Pappas, who tallied 25 points. The Lancers will return and travel to Drake University on December 28th.
- The Lancers traveled to Gilbert, Arizona to take on Park University – Gilbert in a non-conference matchup yesterday evening, and claimed their second victory of the season with a close 65-63 score. The team was able to edge the Park University behind Callie Otkin’s season-high 18 points. The Lancers (2-11) will play again today against Arizona Christian in Phoenix. Tipoff will take place at 5pm.
- South Dakota State’s bid for a return trip to the Football Championship Subdivision national title game came up short with a 31-17 defeat at the hands of eighth-seeded Montana State Saturday afternoon before a sellout crowd at Bobcat Stadium. SDSU, which matched a program record for wins in a season, ended with an 11-4 record. The Bobcats, who scored the only points by either team in the second half, improved to 12-2 overall and will face North Dakota State for the national championship January 8th in Frisco, Texas.
- South Dakota women’s basketball (7-4) travels to Oral Roberts (5-6) for its Summit League opener at 2 pm today at the Mabee Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. South Dakota State Women’s Basketball will open the Summit League season with a trip to Kansas City tonight. The team enters the Summit League at 4-7 overall and most recently picked up a 90-43 win over Dakota Wesleyan Wednesday night.
- South Dakota Men’s Basketball (7-4) also plays Oral Roberts (6-5) to open Summit League Play tonight, but will do so at home in the Sanford Coyote Sports Center. Tipoff set for 7pm. South Dakota State Men’s Basketball (9-4), like their women counterparts, take on Kansas City, with tipoff at Frost Arena in Brookings set for 7pm.