- Four Yankton Bucks have been named to the All-ESD Conference Football Team. On offense, Senior lineman Carson Haak was selected for the first time. Defensively, Senior defensive back Jaden Supergeci received his first selection, Senior lineman Bodie Rutledge received his second selection in two years, and Junior defensive back Cody Oswald received his second selection.
- Fall or spring softball? That is the debate the South Dakota High School Activities Association will take up after sanctioning the sport for the high school ranks at their November 3rd meeting. The board of directors tabled the discussion to January 2022 after a differing of opinions of either having the sport in the fall or spring or a split fall/spring season. The common trend sees AA schools pushing for a fall season where the club season currently resides. On the other side of the ball, one worry about a fall softball season is the availability of players. Craig Young, President of USA Softball of South Dakota and an SDHSAA steering committee member who recommended sanctioning of softball in the state says volleyball, more than any other sport, was of biggest concern, especially in smaller schools. While the concerns are valid, there is just as much enthusiasm towards the sanctioning of softball under the SDHSAA banner.
- The championship matches are set for all seven classes of South Dakota High School Football. All games will take place in the DakotaDome.
Thursday November 11th
9B: (7-3) Dell Rapids St. Mary vs (10-2) Potter County @10am
9A: (12-0) Herreid/Selby Area vs (11-0) Howard @1pm
9AA: (9-2) Platte-Geddes vs (7-4) Canistota/Freeman @730pm
Friday November 12th
11B: (11-0) Winner vs (8-3) Bridgewater-Emery/Ethan @10am
11A: (11-0) Madison vs (8-3) Milbank @2pm
11AA: (11-0) Tea Area vs (9-2) Pierre @730pm
Saturday, November 13th
11AAA: (11-0) Harrisburg vs (10-1) Brandon Valley @730pm
- The SODAK 16 Playoff Bracket is officially set for all South Dakota High School Volleyball Classes. The 12th seeded (14-13) Yankton Gazelles are heading to 5th seeded (15-5) Pierre Governors this Thursday at 6pm. The winner of the contest earns a berth to the State Tournament held in Rapid City the 18th through the 20th. You can catch the action live on KYNT and KYNTV with the voice of Yankton Athletics, Bryce Ladwig, pregame 530pm, first serve at 6pm.
- Additionally, in Class B, local area 13th seeded Gayville-Volin takes on 4th seeded Chester Area at Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School this Thursday at 7pm.