- Some big news came from the South Dakota High School Activities Association yesterday, Softball will become a sanctioned sport under the association’s banner. The season in which it will be played is still in discussion, but the inagural season will take place either in the fall of 2022 or spring of 2023.
- Kayla Marsh, a current Yankton Gazelle Senior, may have played her last tennis match in red, but plans to continue playing in Yankton at the next level. Marsh has committed to Mount Marty University and will begin her freshman season next fall.
- South Dakota High School Volleyball holds its SoDak 16 qualifying matchups tonight across both Class A and B. Some local teams of interest…
#1 Gayville-Volin host #5 Alcester-Hudson
#2 Freeman host #3 Irene-Wakonda
#1 Mount Vernon/Plankinton host #4 Parkston
#2 Wagner host #3 Sanborn Central/Woonsocket
Each game is set for a 7pm first serve, with the winners advancing to the Sodak16, with a one game playoff with a state tournament berth on the line.
- The (13-13) Yankton Gazelles Volleyball squad travels north to (10-15) Watertown tonight for their regular season finale. The Gazelles are coming off a three-set sweep of Brookings in their home finale Tuesday evening. The Class AA Sodak 16 games are set for next week Thursday.
- Bucks football is ready for a tough Class 11AA Semi-final matchup at #1 Tea Area tomorrow night. You can catch the action live on KYNT and KYNTV with the voice of the Bucks, Bryce Ladwig, alongside color analyst Jacob Wuertz, pregame 630/kickoff at 7.
- Ninth-seeded Hartington-Cedar Catholic is prepping for the quarterfinal round of the Class C2 Nebraska State High School Football Playoffs, and will square up against #1 seed Norfolk-Catholic at home tomorrow evening. Catch the action live on Riverfront Sports station FM 94.3 as well as our FREE Riverfront Sports App with Scott Ulrich and Tehl Tanner, pregame at 630/kickoff at 7.
- Both Mount Marty Lancers basketball programs will play twice in the Sanford Pentagon over the weekend in the NAIA Classic Tournament. The Men enter the weekend with a 3-1 record after a win over Martin Luther College on Tuesday. The women enter the tournament with an 0-1 record. Both teams will face Presentation College on Saturday with the women’s game first. Tip off at 2pm with the pregame starting at 1:30. On Sunday, both teams will face Valley City State university with the women’s game starting at noon. Pregame starts at 11:30. Full coverage of the NAIA Classic will be on KYNT.
- The Lancers soccer team lost 5-0 in the Quarterfinals of the GPAC Tournament on Wednesday night to #21 Northwestern College. Mount Marty trailed just 1-0 at halftime, but the Red Raiders’ offense would score four more times to secure a 5-0 victory. This marks the end of the Lancers historic season. The Lancers tied the program record for most wins in a season in school history with 6, as well as breaking the record for most conference wins in team history with 4.