- The Yankton Bucks leaned on a gritty defensive performance to beat Watertown on the road 20-13 last night. The victory, which marks the last regular season game of the year, secures a home playoff game in the Class 11AA Quarterfinals this coming Thursday. The fourth seeded (5-4) Bucks welcome fifth seeded (3-6) Mitchell to Crane-Youngworth Field for a kickoff time to be determined. Mitchell jumped two spots in the rankings last night after defeating Huron 21-20 in OT. Yankton and Mitchell met on the road three weeks ago, with Yankton shutting Mitchell out on the road 45-0.
- Opening Round Playoff football began for Class 9B, 9A, 9AA, and 11B last night.
- #1 Avon cruised past #16 Estelline/Hendricks 64-14, they will host #8 seed Alcester-Hudson on Thursday at a time TBD.
- #4 Gayville-Volin defeated Langford Area at home 36-14, they will host #5 Dell Rapids St. Mary Thursday at 7pm.
- #15 Bon Homme gave #2 Parkston a scare on the road last night, but ultimately short 20-15. The Cavaliers season ends with a (3-6) record. Parkston hosts #10 Garretson on Thursday at a time TBD.
- The (7-1) Hartington-Cedar Catholic Trojans wrap up their regular season tonight when they travel to (7-1) Norfolk Catholic for a powerful Class C2 showdown. Catch the action live with Tehl Tanner and Scott Ulrich with the pregame beginning at 645pm on the Riverfront Sports App or on our website.
- The (11-12) Gazelles Volleyball squad travel tonight as they host (27-4) Sioux Falls Christian. First serve set for 7pm.
- Both Yankton Cross Country and Yankton Competitive Cheer & Dance prepare to participate in their State Tournaments tomorrow, with Cross Country competing at Sioux Falls Yankton Trail Park beginning at noon, and the Dance & Cheer teams competing just a few miles northeast in Brandon Valley beginning at 11am. Listen to the KYNT Coaches Show tomorrow morning with Bryce Ladwig as he speaks with the coaches and gets their thoughts on the tournaments. Show begins at 9:05am.