- The (4-4) Yankton Bucks football squad travels north to (3-5) Watertown tonight, reviving a classic rivalry between the two ESD Conference Schools. A home field playoff game is on the line, and the Bucks are looking to re-enter the win column to close out the regular season. Coach Brady Muth says overcoming the size of Watertown is the focus for his team.
MUTH: 28 Seconds
Catch the action LIVE on all KYNT audio and KYNTV video platforms with color analyst Jacob Wuertz and the voice of Bucks football, Bryce Ladwig. Pregame begins at 530pm, kickoff at 6pm.
- Playoff football begins tonight for four of the seven South Dakota High School Football Classes. Some local area teams are looking to make a push towards the dome.
- The (5-2) Gayville-Volin Raiders host 1-7 Langford Area in the opening round of the Class 9B bracket. Kickoff is scheduled for 6pm.
- Also in Class 9B, the #1 Avon Pirates host and look to dispatch #16 Estelline/Hendricks. Kickoff 7pm.
- In the 9AA Class, #15 Bon Homme is looking to upset their #2 host Parkston, kickoff scheduled for 7pm. Listen live on the free Riverfront Sports App or on our website with the voice of the Cavaliers, Rich Wright.
- The (7-1) Hartington-Cedar Catholic Trojans wrap up their regular season tomorrow when they travel to (7-1) Norfolk Catholic for a powerful Class C2 showdown. Catch the action live with Tehl Tanner and Scott Ulrich with the pregame beginning at 645pm on the Riverfront Sports App or on our website.
- The (11-12) Gazelles Volleyball squad returns home tomorrow when they host (27-4) Sioux Falls Christian. The Gazelles are coming off an impressive ESD victory after sweeping Aberdeen Central this past Saturday and are looking to add another victory to their record. First serve is 7pm at the Summit.
- The 2021 All-ESD Conference Fastpitch Team has been released, and Yankton had four athletes make the team.
- Regan Garry, Senior, P/3B
- Annika (Awn-ick-uh) Gordon, Senior, OF
- Lainie Keller, Senior, OF
- Tori Vellek, Junior, C/1B
- The Mount Marty volleyball team has two GPAC matchups over the weekend at Cimpl Arena, first the Lancers will play Morningside at 7:30 pm on Friday night. Then turn around and play Briar Cliff on Saturday at 3pm. The Lancers enter the weekend with a 7-16 overall record.
- The Lancer Football team will travel to Doane University on Saturday. The Lancers are still looking for their first win of the season while Doane sports a 3-4 record. Kickoff is at 1pm with the pregame show starting at noon. All coverage on KYNT.
- Mount Marty Cross Country is hosting the Mount Marty Invite this Saturday at 10:30am. Both the men and women will run at Fox Run Golf Club in Yankton starting at 10:30am. This is the last meet before the GPAC Meet on November 6th.
- Mount Marty Soccer will play a double header vs Morningside on Saturday at Crane Youngworth Field. The women’s soccer team is 1-12 on the season while the men boast a 5-6-1 record. The women will play the Mustangs of Morningside first at 1pm with the men’s game immediately following.
- It’s finally basketball season and the Mount Marty Lancer men’s team plays twice over the weekend at Cimpl arena. The Knights of Spurgeon College come to town for the season opener. Mount Marty finished the season with an 11-17 overall record and a GPAC Tournament Championship Game appearance.
- The GPAC preseason polls were released yesterday for both men’s and women’s basketball. Morningside was picked first in both polls leading the GPAC. The Mount Marty Men were picked 10th, and the women 12th in the same poll.