- The latest South Dakota High School Football Media Poll has been released. There were no changes in the Class 11AA Standings.
1. Tea Area (defeated Spearfish 45-12)
2. Pierre (defeated Aberdeen 52-35)
4. Yankton (lost to Brookings 35-20)
5. Watertown (lost to Mitchell 27-13)
Some other area teams of interest:
- Vermillion dropped to 4th in the Class 11A poll despite winning last week despite defeating highly ranked West Central 28-26
- Avon is #1 and Gayville-Volin is #4 in Class 9B’s last full media poll of the season
- Both All-State and All-Conference Honors have been released for both Girls and Boys Varsity Soccer.
- For the Gazelles, Cora Schurman earned All-ESD and All-State Second Team.
- For the Bucks, Gage Becker, Jacob Kirchner, Zachary Loest, Will Pavlish, and Ethan Yasat each earned All-ESD Honors, while Ethan Yasat earned First Team All-State, and Jacob Kirchner and Zachary Loest earned Second Team All-State.
- The South Dakota Coyotes are up to No. 15 in this week’s FCS Top 25 Poll following a second straight win against a ranked foe. It is the program’s highest ranking since 2017 when the team qualified for the FCS playoffs. South Dakota, 5-2 overall and 3-1 inside the Valley, have knocked off then-No. 15 North Dakota 20-13 at home and then-No. 17 Northern Iowa 34-21 on the road in consecutive weeks. The Coyotes return home this week to host Illinois State (2-4, 0-3 MVFC) in a 1 p.m. kickoff inside the DakotaDome.
- South Dakota Coyote Linebacker Jack Cochrane has earned this weeks Missouri Valley Football Conference Defensive Player of the week. Cochrane nabbed two interceptions and tallied 7 tackles in the Coyotes 34-21 victory over Northern Iowa on the road.