- The Yankton 2021 Hyundai Archery World Cup Final, and the last of the trifecta of world class archery events held in Yankton the last couple of weeks, wrapped up yesterday afternoon. There were two categories across two genders recognized on the podium.
Gold-Mike Schloesser (Netherlands)
Silver-Braden Gellenthien (USA)
Bronze-Kris Schaff (USA)
Gold-Sara Lopez (Colombia)
Silver-Toja Ellison (Slovenia)
Bronze-Tanja Gellenthien (Denmark)
Gold-Jack Williams (USA)
Silver-Brady Ellison (USA)
Bronze-Mete Gazoz (Turkey)
Gold-Lisa Unruh (Germany)
Silver-Elena Osipova (Russia)
Bronze-Michelle Kroppen (Germany)
- Yankton Bucks Varsity Golf traveled to Harrisburg yesterday morning for a dual with the Tigers at Spring Creek Country Club, but fell ten strokes short of their hosts, 300-310. Leading all golfers was Harrisburg’s Carter Shawd who shot a 71, four strokes ahead of the 2nd place finisher, Yankton’s Caeden Ekroth, who tied for 2nd with a 75. The dual was the last regular season competition for the Bucks, who now prepare for the state meet in Huron on Monday and Tuesday. Listen to the coaches show tomorrow morning at 9am as KYNT Sports Director Bryce Ladwig asks Bucks Head Coach Brett Sime all you want to know in front of the state meet.
- The Gazelles (5-10) returned home to the Summit Activities Center to square off against Class A Vermillion last night in varsity volleyball action, sweeping the Tanagers 25-15, 25-17, and 25-8. Jordyn Salvatori led the Gazelles with 10 kills, and Camille (Cam-eel) McDermott led the way with 22 assists. The Gazelles now prepare to travel to Mitchell on Tuesday for an ESD clash. First serve 7pm.
- Bucks football is BACK on the road tonight, as they travel north to ESD rival Mitchell. Yankton (2-3), and Mitchell (1-4) have had some barn burning battles on the gridiron the past few seasons and this could be another. Bucks Head Coach Brady Muth says a point of emphasis is the Bucks offensive line holding off one of the best linebacking trios in the state.
MUTH: (22.1 Seconds)
Don’t miss the action by tuning in live on all KYNT audio platforms or watch on KYNTV. Check out our website to learn more so you never miss a snap or the call with color analyst Jacob Wuertz and the voice of Bucks football, Bryce Ladwig. Pregame at 630/kickoff 7.
- Lancer football (0-4) takes the turf at Crane-Youngworth Field for the second straight Saturday afternoon, hosting GPAC foe and nationally ranked #2 Northwestern (5-0). Catch the pregame live on KYNT and KYNTV with Tehl Tanner and Steve Thum. Pregame at noon, kickoff at 1.
- Lancers Volleyball (6-12) seeks their first GPAC victory of the season as they entertain Hastings College tonight at Cimpl Arena. First serve at 730pm.
- Lancer Cross Country takes part in the Briar Cliff Invite today in Sioux City. Event begins at 3pm.