- The Gazelles and Bucks soccer teams celebrated senior night last night at Crane-Youngworth Field as they hosted ESD rival Mitchell in doubleheader action. Each team saw different outcomes as the Bucks scorched past Mitchell 10-0, improving their record to 8-1-1 on the season.
BECKER GOAL: 8.9 seconds
Two goals each came from Braylen Bietz, Gavin Fortner and Zach Hebda. The other goals came from Gage Becker, Ethan Yasat (Yaw-Set), Jacob Kirchner (Kirshner) and Sam Huber.
The Gazelles struggled to find a rhythm offensively, resulting in them playing in the defensive third of the field most of the matchup, falling short to the Kernels 7-1 to fall to 4-5-1 on the season. The lone goal came off the right foot of Cora Schurman. Coach Tyler Schuring says the lack of consistency in offensive possession is an issue the team needs to face head on.
SCHURING POSTGAME: 17.4
Both the Gazelles and Bucks travel to Pierre on Tuesday for another ESD matchup, with the girls playing at 4pm, the boys at 6.
- Yankton Gazelles tennis hosted Rapid City Christian and Sioux Falls Christian in a triangular yesterday morning, taking both contests. Against Rapid City Christian, Yankton split in singles play, taking two of three in doubles en-route to a 5-4 victory. The Gazelles swept Sioux Falls Christian, with Maggie Schaefer and Nora Krajewski scoring 10-0 doubles victory in the match. The Gazelles now travel to Mitchell tomorrow to face Spearfish and Sioux Falls Jefferson. Start time is set for 9 a.m. at Hitchcock Park.
- Yankton Cross Country travels to Nebraska today for the Norfolk Invitational at Norfolk Skyview Lake. Start time approximately 4pm.
- Bucks Golf travels to Mitchell today for an invitational at Lake View Golf Course, tee time set for 1030am.
- Tonight the Bucks welcome Sioux Falls Jefferson, the newest school district in the 11-Man football class ranks, specifically Class 11AAA, as they come to Crane-Youngworth Stadium for a highly anticipated football clash. Catch the action on KYNT audio platforms and KYNTV. Visit our website to learn more on how to watch. Pregame begins at 630pm with KYNT Sports Director Bryce Ladwig and color analyst Jacob Wuertz.
- Other local teams are in action on the gridiron tonight:
Vermillion travels Canton
Jim River travels to Winner
Viborg-Hurley travels to Hanson
Bon Homme travels to Kimball, you can listen live on the Free Riverfront Sports App with the voice of Cavaliers Football, Rich Wright! Pregame 645/kickoff 7pm.
Avon hosts Burke
Aquinas Catholic travels to Crofton
Hartington Cedar Catholic hosts David City, you can listen to this game live on the FREE Riverfront Sports App with play-by-play sportscaster Tehl Tanner, pregame 645/kickoff 7pm.
Hartington-Newcastle travels to Plainview
Ponca travels to Twin River
Wynot hosts Randolph.
Wausa travels Humphrey St. Francis
- The Mount Marty Lancers football program (0-2) continues its inaugural season on the road tomorrow, traveling to POWERHOUSE Morningside College (2-0). You can catch the action live on all KYNT and KYNTV platforms. Pregame begins at 12pm with Thel Tanner and Steve Thum.