- Media and Coaches Polls were released yesterday for SD High School Football, Volleyball and Soccer. Representing Yankton, the Bucks remain seated in 4th in the 11AA football media poll following a 58-0 victory over Spearfish this past Friday. The Bucks are third in the AA soccer coaches poll following a 2-0 win over O’Gorman on Saturday. Gazelles volleyball and soccer did not receive votes in either polls this week. Also in the area, Gayvill-Volin remains on top of the Class 9B football media poll.
- South Dakota State President Dr. Barry Dunn announced Monday the lead gift for the renovation of Frost Arena.
Brookings based First Bank & Trust will also assume naming rights to Frost Arena now named First Bank and Trust Arena. SDSU Athletic Director Justin Sell talked about their aggressive renovation timeline and about the new fan experiences that will be part of the finished renovation
The $20 million gift is the largest single gift in the history of South Dakota State University. The proposed project, pending approval by the South Dakota Board of Regents, is estimated at $50 million and fundraising is ongoing through the SDSU Foundation.
- The Yankton Bucks Golf team traveled north yesterday for the Brookings invitational. Caeden Ekroth shot a 3-over 73 to lead the Bucks to a sixth-place finish at Edgebrook Golf Course. Watertown finished with a 298 score to earn the team title, one stroke better than Harrisburg. Sioux Falls Lincoln (302) was third, with Brandon Valley and Mitchell tying for fourth at 310. Yankton scored a 311, led by Ekroth’s 73 and Henry Homstad’s 77. Ryker Larsen shot an 80 and Tate Beste shot an 81 to complete the team score. The Bucks now travel to Mitchell for an invite on Friday at Lake View Golf Course, teeing off at 1030am.
- Both coming off impressive victories over rival O’Gorman on Saturday, the Gazelles and Bucks soccer teams travel to Huron tomorrow for a pair of ESD matchups beginning at 6pm. Both teams return to Crane-Youngworth Field Thursday to host Mitchell, and you can catch that action live on KYNT and KYNTV.
- SF Washington rolled past the Gazelles in Class AA Volleyball action last night 25-23, 25-15, 25-15. Yankton, 3-8 overall, prepare to host Huron tonight in ESD Conference action at the Summit Activities Center. You can catch the action LIVE tonight beginning at 630pm with KYNT Sports Director Bryce Ladwig as he brings you the action on KYNT & KYNTV. Visit our website to learn more.
- Mount Marty shot a 350 to rank 15th after the opening round of the Siouxland Invitational men’s golf tournament, Monday in Sioux Center, Iowa. Iowa Western shot an 8-under 280 to hold the first-round lead. Morningside (385), Northwestern (288) and Dordt (289) held the next three spots. The tournament concludes today (Tuesday) in Orange City, Iowa.
- Yankton, 13-2, is back in action on Today, traveling to Sioux Falls for a triangular against Sioux Falls Lincoln and Mitchell. Start time is set for 11am.