- The first game of the Mount Marty University Lancers football squad didn’t go the way that the fans nor the team wished, but there were over 3,000 fans in attendance at Crane-Youngworth Field to see the opening kickoff in Lancer football history.
Unfortunately, the Lancers fell to visiting GPAC foe, Dakota Wesleyan 20-3. The Lancers now travel north to Jamestown University for its first road game as a program. The Lancers junior varsity football program did secure its first victory Sunday afternoon at Crane-Youngworth Field versus its Dakota Wesleyan counterpart 33-27.
- The Yankton Bucks Football team traveled north Friday to re-kindle an old rivalry with ESD foe, Aberdeen Central, who is now in the AA class with the Bucks. Aberdeen Central and the Bucks exchanged offensive blows all the way through three quarters, with Cody Oswald grabbing two TD throws from Rugby Ryken.
Despite big efforts on both sides of the ball, the Bucks fell to Aberdeen 40-28 and are are now 1-1 on the season. The Bucks next action is against Spearfish this Friday night at Crane-Youngworth Field. Be sure to catch the action live on KYNT radio as well as K-Y-N-T-V, visit our website to learn more.
- The Yankton Bucks (4-0-1) and Gazelles (2-3) soccer squads are preparing to host Dakota Valley tonight at Crane-Youngworth Field. You can catch the action live on KYNT radio as well as all K-Y-N-T-V platforms with the Gazelles pregame beginning at 330pm with KYNT Sports Director Bryce Ladwig, as well as play-by-play sportscaster, Josh Boelter.
- Doane University comes to Cimpl Arena tomorrow for GPAC Volleyball action vs the Lancers. Mount Marty (4-3) is searching for their first GPAC victory of the season, and you can catch the action live on KYNT radio as well as KYNTV platforms with play-by-play broadcaster Tehl Tanner. First serve 730pm.
- Gazelles volleyball returns to the Summit Activities Center tonight as the Brandon Valley Lynx squad comes to town. The Gazelles (3-5) look to secure their first ESD conference victory of the season. First serve scheduled for 7pm.
- Don’t eat too big of a breakfast tomorrow morning, Augustana Football Head Coach Jerry Olszewski will be speaking at the Quarterback Club at Yankton’s Jo Deans restaurant. Bring $10 for a buffet meal if you wish to eat, and listen to some football talk. Quarterback Club begins at 12pm.