- The Lancer women’s soccer squad earned their first victory of the season yesterday evening on the road versus Buena Vista in double overtime with a 2-1 score. The game was the first of a women’s and men’s double-header vs the Storm Lake Iowa university. Becky Wilkins and Tianna Bumbaca-Kuehl each scored for the women’s team. The men’s soccer secured a 2-0 win in their matchup, also their first victory of the season. Diego Romero and Savas De Lascio each tallied a goal offensively for the Lancers. Mount Marty, now 1-0-1, hosts Dakota Wesleyan in a non-conference double-header match Wednesday with a 530pm start time.
- Mount Marty Women’s Volleyball hosted it’s first GPAC home game of the season last night at Cimpl Arena versus ranked Midland University. The visiting Warriors downed the Lancers in three straight sets (25-12, 25-13, 25-13) to improve their record to 9-0 overall and 2-0 in the GPAC. The Lancers fell to 1-2 on the season, and 0-2 in GPAC play. The Lancers now travel to Avila University for a non-conference matchup Saturday, first serve at 1230pm.
- The Bucks and Gazelles soccer teams travel up I-29 today for a boys/girls double-header versus rival Sioux Falls O’Gorman. The Bucks (4-0-1) have the first game of the double-header, starting at 6pm, while the Gazelles (2-3-0) immediately follow.
- The Gazelles volleyball team (2-5) is coming off a thrilling, yet disappointing five set loss to Harrisburg this past Tuesday, but will have another shot at a home-court victory tonight as Class A Beresford comes to the Summit Activities Center. First serve is 7pm.
- Tomorrow, both Gazelles tennis and Yankton Cross Country hit the road. Gazelles Tennis will participate in a triangular vs Pierre and host, Mitchell, at Hitchcock Park. The cross country team takes part in the Augie Twilight, a meet including high school and college teams, beginning at 6pm.
Today marks day one of the Mount Marty University Women’s Golf Invite at Fox Run Golf Course in Yankton. The invite runs though Friday.