Sony Pictures(NEW YORK) — Here are the movies opening nationwide Friday:
* Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation — The third film in the 3D-animated franchise picks up a few months after the last one, with Dracula — once again voiced by Adam Sandler — taking the family on vacation, where he ends up falling in love. Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez, Kevin James, David Spade, Steve Buscemi, Keegan-Michael Key, Molly Shannon, Fran Drescher and Mel Brooks, all reprising their roles from the last film, are joined by new additions Kathryn Hahn and Jim Gaffigan. Rated PG.
* Skyscraper — This action film stars Dwayne Johnson as a former FBI agent who goes to great lengths to save his family from a skyscraper after it’s taken over by terrorists and set on fire. Neve Campbell also stars. Rated PG-13.
* Sorry to Bother You — In an alternate present-day version of Oakland, telemarketer Cassius Green, played by Lakeith Stanfield, discovers a magical key that leads to material success and into into a macabre universe. Tessa Thompson, Terry Crews, Patton Oswalt, David Cross, Danny Glover and Armie Hammer also star. Rated R.
Opening in limited release on Friday:
* Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot — Joaquin Phoenix stars in this dramedy based on the true story of John Callahan, a paralyzed alcoholic who gained a new lease on life through his passion for drawing subversive newspaper cartoons. Also starring Jonah Hill, Rooney Mara and Jack Black. Rated R.
* Shock and Awe — Rob Reiner directs and stars in this drama about group of journalists who question President George Bush‘s justification for the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, James Marsden, Milla Jovovich and Jessica Biel also star. Rated R.
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.